Why you could be following random accounts on Instagram
At times, before you buy Instagram followers, you might notice that there are certain random people who are in your list of followers on Instagram. You probably might be remembering having pressed their follow button, much less have an idea regarding these profiles. What could have happened is that:
- A third party apps might have compromised your account
- There could be someone who hacked in your account and is following people manually.
Fixing Instagram following random accounts
Regardless of the reasons as to why you are being followed randomly, to fix the issue is quite easy. Just follow the below method and you are sure that the problem will be solved in no time at all:
Check your Instagram account for any linked apps
For majority of people, the main reason why their accounts get followed by people randomly on Instagram is because of apps which are linked or third party apps to your Instagram account. When you start linking third party app permission accessing your account at times that doesn’t happen out of your volition. It is possible that you pressed on a web link which is suspicious or downloaded something which ended up giving permission to other apps or services for your account to be accessed.
There are times when suspicious apps automatically follow accounts on Instagram and bring about other serious problems. Not only will this be something that will annoy you as the owner of the profile, but it can also make Instagram security system to flag your account as spam. If you installed it voluntarily and linked this app, you should take caution.
With that said, if you don’t remember ever having linked the app, there are chances that it is a malware or a spam app. In any case, to revoke its access to your account is something that ought to be easy:
- Open the website of Instagram on your desktop or mobile browser
- Log to your account and to your profile
- Click on the button for gear which you will find at the left corner up to open the options menu
- Click on the websites and apps under the settings
- Instagram will show you the various apps which are linked on your account
- Remove whatever you feel is suspicious app which you think could be the cause of the problem.
- You need to remember that it is not possible to do such when handling the official Instagram app. You can only do the fixing by use of your desktop or mobile browser
Changing your Instagram password to prevent access which is unauthorized
If there are no apps which are suspicious or websites that are linked to your account, then there is someone who might be having access to your account. It might be that your account has been hacked or might be logged in to a device that is owned by someone else and you forgot to log out.
Regardless of having the need to change your password to revoke the access you will have to log in to your Instagram app, go to security and click the password and then nominate a new one to change a new one.